2. What is your shop URL? http://www.alloverart.etsy.com/
3. What is your blog URL? http://www.alloverart-nc.blogspot.com/
4. When did you start selling on Etsy? I signed up to sell on August 26th, 2008, and listed my first item at the beginning of September. I got my first sale (and did a happy dance) after three weeks when a wonderful fellow Etsian included me in a Treasury of shops who hadn’t made a sale yet.
5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? My favorite thing is being able to converse and bounce ideas off other like-minded and talented artists and artisans. I really enjoy the forums, and learning about other people’s experiences.
6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? My absolute favorite thing is the positive feedback. I love the gracious emails and smiles on the faces of my clients. My greatest satisfaction with what I do is when I deliver my oil paint pet portraits. My clients are always so happy and satisfied that it brings me great joy.
7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite item is the Custom 11×14 Pet Portrait Oil Painting. I really enjoy the process from when the client gives me a photo to work from, to the big smile on his or her face when I am finished. (I actually blogged about the process: http://alloverart-nc.blogspot.com/2008/11/step-by-step-journey-through-creation.html)
8. What teams do you belong to? I’m a proud member of the NCTriangle Team. We are a local team in the Triangle area of North Carolina.
9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Blogging! I really enjoy posting about anything from my creative processes, to my favorite Etsy sellers, to an interview with our dog Kasey.
10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? I’m a big fan of Christy’s Critters (http://www.cbarjcrafts.etsy.com/) and her pet ornaments. I commissioned one from her for my husband. I LOVE it! I also love Decorate the Diva’s shop (http://www.decoratethediva.etsy.com/). I love her Diva Wooden Earrings. Scrapping Innovations (http://www.scrappinginnovations.etsy.com/) is another of my favorites. She made a fantastic custom magnetic poetry kit for a gift for my sister’s birthday. She absolutely loved it.
11. What do you do in your spare time? Spare time? What’s that? 🙂 My husband and I enjoy taking our dog Kasey to the dog park and on hikes around the large lake near our house. We were both college athletes and enjoy being active.
12. What blogs do you follow? I follow A LOT of blogs. They are all listed on the sidebar of my blog. A few that I check more often are http://christys-critters.blogspot.com/, http://nctriangle.blogspot.com/, http://sunnydayhappyface.blogspot.com/, and http://evokenc.com/index.php/blog.
13. Do you have anything else you would like to share? I am very grateful that I am able to do what I love full time. I have a very supportive husband who puts up with my work taking over the entire house, and an exceptional rescue dog who has provided me with countless amounts of inspiration. Here’s a big thank you to my wonderful family! 🙂